1. Your personal details
2. Your organisation’s main field of interest
- EHS / ELSI
3. In relation to the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) issues associated with nanotechnology, please indicate on a scale of 1 (not important) to 5 (extremely important) the value you would attribute to the following factors
4. Do you believe that current legislation adequately addresses the needs of nanotechnology:
5. Do you believe that there are materials/products or clas of products using nanotechnology for which existing legislation is certainly not adequate?
6. Do you think the responsible development of nanotechnology would be best addressed by
7. In relation to voluntary measures, do you agree with the following:
8. Do you think the regulation of nanotechnology should be addressed by
9. In your opinion which authorities should regulate nanotechnology?
10. Please indicate on the scale of 1 (not important) to 5 (extremely important) the value you would attribute to each of the following principles in terms of their importance to the governance of nanotechnology
11. The following have been suggested in a recent European forum as being important to nanotechnology governance in Europe. Please indicate on a scale from 1 (do not agree) to 5 (strongly agree) the level to which you agree or disagree
The inclusion of transformative policies to
A visionary view
Inclusion and collaboration
12. In relation to the ethical, legal and social issues (ELSI) associated with nanotechnology, please indicate whether or not you agree that nanotechnology
13. In relation with ELSI associated with nanotechnology, please indicate on a scale of 1 (not important) to 5 (extremely important) the value you would attribute to the following ethical issues
14. In relation with societal engagement in the governance of nanotechnology, please indicate on a scale of 1 (not important) to 5 (extremely important) the value you would attribute to the following factors
15. Please indicate, on a scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 represents no barrier at all and 5 represents a major barrier) your estimation of which of the following constitute a barrier to the responsible development of nanotechnology
16. Please add any additional comments regarding your views on the needs and requirements in nanotechnology governance 17. Please add the title(s) and reference(s) of any governance models that you consider particulary relevant to nanotechnology 18. Any additional comments not covered by the above: 19. Were you aware of the European Commission Recommendation on a code of conduct for responsible nanosciences and nanotechnologies research (CoC) prior to completing this questionnaire? http://ec.europa.eu/nanotechnology/pdf/nanocode-rec_pe0894c_en.pdf 20. What action(s) will your company/organisation take in respect of the principles and recommendations of the EC Recommendations on a CoC mentioned in question 19?
- Adapt the provisions of the CoC to your organisation’s needs?
- Prepare for the implementation of the CoC?
- Try to find specialist help to improve implementation of the CoC?
- Share good practices as described in the CoC?